Monday 12 January 2009

Time Flies


I'm finding it very hard to believe but it's only two years ago today that I was leaving the UK for France. Completion on my house happened at 12:30pm and I was on the 11pm ferry to a new life. Little did I know it would be 6 more weeks before I was allowed to buy my farm but the time has passed so fast.

I think the cats have forgiven me for their one and only stay in a cattery, they were there for 10 days, the time it was supposed to take for my house money to reach the notaire but that was without the bureaucracy taking over. I could have been on my way back but thankfully everything was finally resolved.

Here's to the next two years and the ones after that too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

gosh was that really 2 years ago....I remember it well
Sis x

softinthehead said...

Congratulations - I hope the next 18 or so months until we get to follow you passes as quickly. :)

Ciara said...

Hey there
Happy anniversary its so nice to have dates like that where you can look back & see all you've accomplished. Well done.
Good luck for 2009.
Ciara

Debra in France said...

Take a look back and give yourself a big pat on the back for taking the plunge and accomplishing so much. We have been here for 4 years now and still love it. Here's to the future! Debra x

Anonymous said...

Hey Deborah, congratulations and happy anniversary!! You've done so much in that two years ... a real achievement and, my goodness, you're a grafter!!! Huge pat on the back to you!

dND said...

Thank you all - I keep dreaming that one day it will all fall into place and I can semi-retire; current prediction is about when I hit 100!