Wednesday 6 January 2010

Stardate 8th - 17th May 2009

I’ve been trying to leave some areas around the farm to naturalise a bit and was pleased to find a trio of orchids flowering beside the pond.



I was then overjoyed to find this bee orchid that flowered under the cherry tree that had been blown over in the January 2009 storm.



I then went down to where I’ve been protecting some orchids that were growing in a ditch by the road and was really pleased that so many more had flowered this year. From 5 the first year, I coun
ted 25 this year. I think I managed to get 6 in this shot:-


The commune cut the verges and went round most of the orchids but I did find the following that had been cut.

2 comments:

Mickle in NZ said...

Lovely to see you photos and read your words once more.

What pretty and delicate looking flowers.

Happy New Year, keep cosy and warm,

Michelle and Zebbycat, xxx and warm purrrumbles

OmniSeedSearch said...

It is really amazing reading about your orchids. I bet they look so beautiful and it is amazing that they seem to propagate pretty fast. The orchids are so beautiful, I can only imagine how beautiful they look in their natural surrounding. Wish they prosper and keep on propagating.