Wednesday 2 April 2008

Tiny Farm Wiki

I didn’t get much done yesterday – well not work anyway. I think I’m going to start plotting the down/non-productive days against the state of the moon! Heading towards the dark moon means low energy, while heading to the full moon is increased energy, or something like that. At the moment there seems no rhyme or reason to productive and non-productive days.

That said, there is usually a silver lining there somewhere, mine was I was able to chat to my two sons via the wonder of Instant Messaging. One is in the UK and one in Singapore and I’ve not seen them since last summer. With my lack of Internet last week and their workloads at university, being online at the same time has been difficult, but yesterday was the day and the closeness of meeting up this summer a major topic.

I also had time to check out all the blogs I read and spotted this over on Mike’s Tiny Farm Blog. Mike has set up a small farm wiki. For those of you who haven’t come across Wikipedia, it is an online reference/encyclopaedia site that is produced, edited and updated by its readers. This is on the same principle using the same software. You need to login/register with the site (username, password and e-mail address) and there is a ‘sandbox’ where you can practice and see what you want to submit will look like.

So it’s up to us now to build the encyclopaedia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for promoting the wiki! I missed this earlier...

Wikis can be great, once they get going. There are differing opinions, of course, but I think wiki software is by far the best way to collaborate on stuff online, when it comes to gathering info... I just hope I can find enough time to kick start it before next winter!!!